Electronics & Communication Engineering
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Graduates will exhibit leadership qualities to become successful entrepreneur to solve problems of the society and involve themselves in lifelong learning through higher education and research.
At the end of the programme, the students will be able to,
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve the real time complex engineering problems in computations.
2. Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze the issues of complex problems pertaining with electronics thus reaching substantiated conclusions using the principles of basic science.
3. Design and develop electronic systems for complex real time applications that meets the desired needs with appropriate consideration for public health & safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide software systems with valid conclusions.
5. Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and electronic tools to provide efficient solutions for complexities including prediction and modeling with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge of electronics to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Understand the impact of the electronics in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities to create awareness in the society by stressing on the importance of electronics.
9. Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in electronic component design, development and testing teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communicate effectively on electronics engineering activities with the multidisciplinary community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a development team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Recognize the need, for designing efficient electronic system and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.